Solar Power for businesses is a great investment for a variety of reasons:
- Power prices keep increasing. These will increase by anything up to 20% per year for the next few years. (for business, there is no regulation as there is for domestic use where price maximums are set by ipart)
- Solar power production generally matches your consumption pattern - so you are using the power as you produce it.
- Many businesses have roofs which are suitable in size and type.
- You can look at solar if you are an owner, or in a long term lease.
- Solar can be installed on most roofs without any damage to the roof at all
- There are still rebates for the purchase of solar
- The cost of installation has fallen for larger systems in the last 12 months
- As a business, you can claim back the GST component
- As a business, you can depreciate the system and get a tax benefit
- The systems can pay for themselves in as little as 5-7 years.
- You may achieve some marketing benefit from being green in your business.